A really big stick with a sad ribbon at the end
Below you'll find everything you could want to know about the month of October in-character. The month will last two OOC months. When creating threads, please keep the timeline in mind.
- Thread Creation
- IC Events
The list below tells you the OOC date range in which you can begin making threads timestamped for specific parts of the month. You can always go earlier in the same month, but please don't start a thread that takes place later than the current date range.
- March 1st 2017 - October 1st-7th
- March 12th 2017 - Dates up until October 14th
- March 26th 2017 - Dates up until October 21st
- March 31st 2017 - All September Threads locked
- April 9th, 2017 - Threads may be created using any date in October 1964
- April 20th, 2017 - Last Day to create threads dated for October
The list below will tell you which days things are happening around Ilvermorny or the immediate area so that you may fodder appropriately.
- October 3rd, 1964 - The first quidditch match of the year; Horned Serpent VS. Wampus. The thread will be posted March 6th, IRL.
- October 24th, 1964 - The first quodpot game of the year; Pukwudgie vs. Thunderbird. The thread will be posted April 17th, IRL.
- October 31st, 1964 - Halloween. The annual Fall Festival will be held on Ilvermorny's grounds. More information will be made available as we approach the end of the month.
- 10/01-10/03; The month starts with temperatures in the mid 60s (Fahrenheit), reaching about 70 by the end of the week. It's a foggy, rainy couple of days. Sunrises around 650 am. Sunsets fall around 630pm.
- 10/04-10/10; Sunday opens the week with temperatures in the mid-70s, It's a dry, sunny day with a gentle breeze. The temperature drop on Monday though, falling to about 60. For the next couple of days the temperatures fall slowly, reaching 51 degrees on the 7th. The 8th, 9th and 10th average temperatures of around 60. For te most part it's a sunny week, though there is some fog on the 9th. Sunrises range from 650 to 700am. Sunsets fall between 620 and 630pm.
- 10/11 - 10/17; The week opens with a cloudy day and a high of only about 50 degrees. There are some snow flurries in the late afternoon and evening, but no accumulation. Monday is a sunny day with a high of 65, but Tuesday falls back to 58 and brings with it rain. Wednesday sees some showers, but mostly only drizzle, and a high in the low 60s. Thursday the rain clears up and the temperature spikes to 78, where it stays through Friday. Saturday falls back to 70 and brings another handful of rain showers. Sunrises between 700 and 710 am. Sunsets between 605 and 615pm.
- 10/18-10/24; Sunday is 73 and cloudy, but rain free. Monday is 67 with bouts of rain. Tuesday is dry, but a chilly 49 degrees. Wednesday the 21st shows a high of 55 with a bit of drizzle here and there. On Thursday, the temperatures reach 51, with one decent rain shower around lunch time. A misty Friday reaches a high of chilly 46 where it stays for a rain free Saturday. It's not a very sunny week. Sunrises between 710 and 715 am. Sunsets between 605 and 555 pm.
- 10/25-10/31; The week opens with a sunny day at 64 degrees, then jumps up to 76 on Monday and in the mid-to-low 70s on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday, 62 degrees, brings fog and some light rain. Misting and drizzling continues into Friday with a high of 59. No rain on Halloween and the high of 54 makes for a pleasant enough afternoon, but temperatures fall below freezing to 29 over night, so evening some may choose to cut evening festivities short. Sunrises occur between 615 and 625am. Sunsets fall between 455 and 445pm.