A really big stick with a sad ribbon at the end
Quidditch may not be the most popular wizarding sport in North America, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Think of it similarly to (American) Football versus Soccer; where Quodpot is the former and Quidditch is the latter. It's present, people know about it, it gets played, but it's not nearly as popular ad it doesn't get as much attention or accolades.
That said, Ilvermorny hosts tournaments for both games. This thread will contain information about Quidditch and how we RP it.
- Games last three weeks, IRL and will take place in seven rounds which east last 72 hours.
- Player posts are due by 10pm (Eastern Time), the third day of the round. The game begins on a Monday, so the post deadlines are as follows: Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Thursday, Sunday.
- If you cannot post by the deadline or need just an extra couple of minutes, please, please, please PM or otherwise contact @Alea. I can roll for you if you give me your action line.
- Each round, you may only post once. Once you post, your post cannot be edited. Editing a post in a game will result in your roll being disqualified.
- At the end of each post, please include an action tag. If your action is directly targeted at another player, include their last name (and first initial if two players share a surname). For example: [Blocking Kelley].
- Action lines should be brief, succinct and specific. Think about your actions! If a keeper leaves his goal posts or a seeker doesn't seek for a round, there might be unforeseen consequences in how a round plays out!
- If you have a question about whether a specific action is permissible, definitely please contact me! I want to work with everyone to bring quidditch to life in the most fun way possible.
- When posting, you can react to another character's fodder (what they say or do in their post) but you may not react to their action line, as the success or failure of that action, whether it actually happens or not, isn't determined until after the round.
- After your action tag, please roll a d20, so that the moderator can determine the success of your roll. The code is:
- Please elect an OOC captain for your team. This person will be in charge of keeping discussion focused, and will have the tie breaker vote if the team can't decide between two strategies.
- If your team has an NPC player, the captain will be responsible for communicating the NPC's desired action to me via PM. The team, however, should discuss and agree upon the character's action tag.
- Each team will have their own locker room for strategic discussion. What happens in one locker room should be kept within that locker room; if you have access to multiple locker rooms, make sure that you are not sharing knowledge when strategizing.
- At the end of each round, I will make a moderator post summarizing successes and failures for the round and where the game stands.
For a list of known quidditch fouls, please see here