A really big stick with a sad ribbon at the end
Ilvermorny Board Rules
- Please begin by registering an out of character account. All your character accounts will be linked to your OOC account and OOC accounts will be used for alert system tagging, plotters, trackers and various other OOC posting around the forum.
- Please register character accounts with first and last name ONLY, using proper capitalization. For example; "Harry Potter."
- Characters must be at least old enough to be in their first year at Ilvermorny. Like their British counterpart, Ilvermorny requires that all students be 11 before term begins on September 1st.
- Characters must legally reside within the continent of North America (which includes Mexico and Canada), Puerto Rico, or Hawaii.
- Each player may begin with two characters. For each character after that, up until the 6th character, the most recently created character must have at least 20 posts. For characters beyond the 6th, all characters must have a post count of at least 75.
- For the duration of the first IC month there will be no limits or caps on character creation. At the end of the first IC month the admin team intends to instate a post-count based post requirement before new characters can be registered.
- At this time, muggles are not a playable character type.
- Please keep realism in mind; JK Rowling created realistic characters within her fantastical universe, both in terms of personality, mentality and physicality. We strive to do the same. Flaws AND weaknesses are important to playing interesting, well-rounded characters.
- We prefer that newly made Professors have an established history at the school and have been teaching for at least five years. In order to be hired, they will have to have gained enough field experience to be considered an expert in their field. With this in mind, professor characters should generally be at least middle-aged (roughly in their 40s), unless you have a legitimate reason for them to be younger. This reason should either be communicated with the staff before applying, or clearly illustrated in your application. Remember that wizards have longer lifespans than their no-maj counterparts and that they have more time to experience the world and their magical talents before settling into a long term career.
- doHTML is enabled but not required.
- Only the proper IC accounts should be used for posting in IC areas.
- All IC threads should include a date stamp (Month Date, Year) before or after the body of the initial post. This helps to establish and maintain timelines. Please see the monthly announcement for choosing dates and gathering information for consistent fodder.
- There is no required word count, but please do avoid spammy one sentence posts. If a one or two sentence posts actually adds something to the thread, by all means go for it. Just make sure that you are contributing and giving your partner something to work off of.
- Please keep special/alternative fonts exclusively for diaries and communication threads.
- In order to promote visual consistency and readability, please refrain from using custom post templates or different colored fonts in IC areas. If you would like to use a post template, two are provided here.
- Activity is vital to keep an RP moving. We would prefer a post at least once every two weeks, but if you are inactive for more than a month without posting an away notice, your claims may be forfeit.
- This board is rated 3-2-3. This means that we don't care how much you swear or how violent your character is (though there may well be IC repercussions). On the subject of sexual content, though; anything above the waist may be played out and references to sexual activity are welcome to be made. Think of it this way; if underpants have to be removed for something to take place, the thread should fade to black before it gets there. If the underpants can stay in place, then it's probably okay. No any graphic description or discussion of genitals, however.
- However, while we do promote a lot of creative freedom, keep in mind; Students and Employees both have rules to follow. Anyone caught acting in poor conduct at Ilvermorny (or committing crimes out in the world) can expect in-character consequences fitting the severity of their wrong doing.
- Signatures are disabled in order to maintain post flow.
- Avatars should be 300w by 450h, or they will not properly fit the alotted space.
- Any square icon or gif will work for the miniprofiles. It will be automatically resized down to the proper size.
- Playbys should appear roughly the age of the character they are representing. The staff reserves the right to ask you to change your avatar if we feel that it is too old/young for your character.