Location: No Information
Born: No Information
Website: No Information
Occupation: Mighty Mouse
Birthdate: February 1st
Application: No Information
Character Gif: http://ilvermorny.b1.jcink.com/uploads/ilvermorny/ezgif_com_crop.gif
Sandbox: No Information
Blood-status: No-maj born
Wand: A really big stick with a sad ribbon at the end
Time Zone: No Information
Joined: 8-October 16
Last Seen: May 16 2017, 08:26 PM
Local Time: No Information
88 posts (0.4 per day)
( 14.17% of total forum posts )
Mar 5 2017, 11:08 PM
<div class="siteappname">October 3rd, 1964</div>
Hello and welcome to our first Quidditch game of the year. As always, I'm your faithful commentator Ethel Lherman. It's looking like a beautiful day for quidditch, isn't it folks? Well...warm, enough at least. Hope our players don't mind a bit of fog or drizzle! Speaking of our players, here
they come! Looks like Horned Serpent is making their entrance first; interesting to note it seems that the entire
roster is made up of alternates today! I heard rumors of the diarrhea plague working its way through the snake house so maybe there's some truth to that? Or maybe it was a coup, who knows? Doesn't look like they're talking!<p>
Anyway, folks, out they come! Up first we have keeper Gennadiya Abreu to the posts! Nice haircut Abreu, doesn't look like a dragon burned your hair off at all.
Following her it looks like we have the chasers...Dion Brewster, Trudie Baker and Marcelle Parish! Second year Baker looks terribly small and frail beside her teammates but hopefully she'll prove her worth, right? Good look Baker! Here come the beaters; Jeanine Beltz and Eira Edison! Keep your bats at the ready my friends, this isn't going to be an easy match. At least we hope not! What fun is that for your fans? And finally we have our seeker, Gregory Stewart! You still haven't returned my owl, Greg!<p>
Now, out comes Wampus! Rawr
wildcats, rawr! Antigone Edwards makes her way to the goalposts. Nice broom, Edwards, where'd you get that? On her tail are chasers Tessa Giles, Martin Boyle and Lowell Stanwick. Stanwick memorably resigned from his position as starting chaser last year after taking three nasty bludgers to the head in one game. I guess you're feeling well enough for the reserves then? Hey Stanwick, what's 2+2? You still got that, right? Ha! Alright, our beaters, Gunnar Maloney and Bruce Gordon! Remarkably Maloney actually
has a shirt on! Keep it up Maloney! And last but not least, we have seeker Annabeth Stewart! Hey, Annabeth, tell your brother to give me by owl back, alright?<p>
The balls are being released...oh,
there they go! The race for the quaffle is on! Little Baker falls behind quickly, but hey she's cute! Parish, Brewster and Giles are neck and neck! Oh, the Horned Serpent chasers are bottlenecking Giles in...and Brewster pulls ahead! He gets first contact! Oh, but Parish, that was impolite! Giles likely isn't going to take such an insulting gesture sitting down. Isn't it a bit early to intentionally get the team riled up? Watch out, Baker that bludger is co-oh! Nevermind, Edison has your back! The young ones have to stick together, right? Gordon and Beltz seem to be on top of the other bludger...Gordon got there first! Where you gonna shoot that, Gordy?!<p>
<center>-----------------------------</center>Welcome to the first ever Ilvermorny quidditch match! Brewster is in control of the quaffle, Gordon and Edison each have control of a bludger. Because we do not currently have any Horned Serpent players @Juni will be determining action lines for the house.<p>
Anyone wishing to post as a spectator for this match may begin their own threads in the general Sports Fields forum.
Feb 28 2017, 11:58 PM
<div class="siteappname">Moving Forward</div>
First off a big thank you to everyone who has joined Ilvermorny and participated in helping bring our board alive! We are now two months old and will be transitioning from September to October. The new In-Character month promises some exciting things, including our first sports games and Halloween! For more information about the month of October, please make sure to look over the monthly announcement.
Additionally, there's a new character creation rule being put into effect as of today, March 1st. Previously, the rules stated:
|For the duration of the first IC month there will be no limits or caps on character creation. At the end of the first IC month the admin team intends to instate a post-count based post requirement before new characters can be registered.|
From this point forward the rule will be as follows:
- Each player may begin with two characters. For each character after that, up until the 6th character, the most recently created character must have at least 20 posts. For characters beyond the 6th, all characters must have a post count of at least 75.
Again, I want to thank everyone for their support. As always, if you have any questions, suggestions, comments or concerns please feel free to approach any staff member or to post in the applicable thread in the Chat forum.
Feb 27 2017, 08:42 PM
<div class="siteappname">October, 1964</div>
Below you'll find everything you could want to know about the month of October in-character. The month will last two OOC months. When creating threads, please keep the timeline in mind.<br><br>
<li class="tab-link current" data-tab="tab-1">Thread Creation</li>
<li class="tab-link" data-tab="tab-2">IC Events</li>
<li class="tab-link" data-tab="tab-3">Weather</li>
<div id="tab-1" class="tab-content current">
The list below tells you the OOC date range in which you can begin making threads timestamped for specific parts of the month. You can always go earlier in the same month, but please don't start a thread that takes place later than the current date range.
<ul><li><b><u>March 1st 2017</u></b> - October 1st-7th</li>
<li><b><u>March 12th 2017</u></b> - Dates up until October 14th</li>
<li><b><u>March 26th 2017</u></b> - Dates up until October 21st</li>
<li><b><u>March 31st 2017</u></b> - All September Threads locked</li>
<li><b><u>April 9th, 2017</u></b> - Threads may be created using any date in October 1964</li>
<li><b><u>April 20th, 2017</u></b> - Last Day to create threads dated for October</li></ul>
<div id="tab-2" class="tab-content">
The list below will tell you which days things are happening around Ilvermorny or the immediate area so that you may fodder appropriately.
<ul><li><b><u>October 3rd, 1964</u></b> - The first quidditch match of the year; Horned Serpent VS. Wampus. The thread will be posted March 6th, IRL.</li>
<li><b><u>October 24th, 1964</u></b> - The first quodpot game of the year; Pukwudgie vs. Thunderbird. The thread will be posted April 17th, IRL.
<li><b><u>October 31st, 1964</u></b> - Halloween. The annual Fall Festival will be held on Ilvermorny's grounds. More information will be made available as we approach the end of the month.</li>
<div id="tab-3" class="tab-content">
<ul><li><u>10/01-10/03;</u> The month starts with temperatures in the mid 60s (Fahrenheit), reaching about 70 by the end of the week. It's a foggy, rainy couple of days. Sunrises around 650 am. Sunsets fall around 630pm.</li>
<li><u>10/04-10/10;</u> Sunday opens the week with temperatures in the mid-70s, It's a dry, sunny day with a gentle breeze. The temperature drop on Monday though, falling to about 60. For the next couple of days the temperatures fall slowly, reaching 51 degrees on the 7th. The 8th, 9th and 10th average temperatures of around 60. For te most part it's a sunny week, though there is some fog on the 9th. Sunrises range from 650 to 700am. Sunsets fall between 620 and 630pm.</li>
<li><u>10/11 - 10/17;</u> The week opens with a cloudy day and a high of only about 50 degrees. There are some snow flurries in the late afternoon and evening, but no accumulation. Monday is a sunny day with a high of 65, but Tuesday falls back to 58 and brings with it rain. Wednesday sees some showers, but mostly only drizzle, and a high in the low 60s. Thursday the rain clears up and the temperature spikes to 78, where it stays through Friday. Saturday falls back to 70 and brings another handful of rain showers. Sunrises between 700 and 710 am. Sunsets between 605 and 615pm.</li>
<li><u>10/18-10/24;</u> Sunday is 73 and cloudy, but rain free. Monday is 67 with bouts of rain. Tuesday is dry, but a chilly 49 degrees. Wednesday the 21st shows a high of 55 with a bit of drizzle here and there. On Thursday, the temperatures reach 51, with one decent rain shower around lunch time. A misty Friday reaches a high of chilly 46 where it stays for a rain free Saturday. It's not a very sunny week. Sunrises between 710 and 715 am. Sunsets between 605 and 555 pm.</li>
<li><u>10/25-10/31;</u> The week opens with a sunny day at 64 degrees, then jumps up to 76 on Monday and in the mid-to-low 70s on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday, 62 degrees, brings fog and some light rain. Misting and drizzling continues into Friday with a high of 59. No rain on Halloween and the high of 54 makes for a pleasant enough afternoon, but temperatures fall below freezing to 29 over night, so evening some may choose to cut evening festivities short. Sunrises occur between 615 and 625am. Sunsets fall between 455 and 445pm.</li></ul>
Feb 22 2017, 10:56 PM
<div class="sitetemplate2">Quidditch may not be the most popular wizarding sport in North America, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Think of it similarly to (American) Football versus Soccer; where Quodpot is the former and Quidditch is the latter. It's present, people know about it, it gets played, but it's not nearly as popular ad it doesn't get as much attention or accolades.
That said, Ilvermorny hosts tournaments for both games. This thread will contain information about Quidditch and how we RP it.
- Games last three weeks, IRL and will take place in seven rounds which east last 72 hours.
- Player posts are due by 10pm (Eastern Time), the third day of the round. The game begins on a Monday, so the post deadlines are as follows: Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Thursday, Sunday.
- If you cannot post by the deadline or need just an extra couple of minutes, please, please, please PM or otherwise contact @Alea. I can roll for you if you give me your action line.
- Each round, you may only post once. Once you post, your post cannot be edited. Editing a post in a game will result in your roll being disqualified.
- At the end of each post, please include an action tag. If your action is directly targeted at another player, include their last name (and first initial if two players share a surname). For example: [Blocking Kelley].
- Action lines should be brief, succinct and specific. Think about your actions! If a keeper leaves his goal posts or a seeker doesn't seek for a round, there might be unforeseen consequences in how a round plays out!
- If you have a question about whether a specific action is permissible, definitely please contact me! I want to work with everyone to bring quidditch to life in the most fun way possible.
- When posting, you can react to another character's fodder (what they say or do in their post) but you may not react to their action line, as the success or failure of that action, whether it actually happens or not, isn't determined until after the round.
- After your action tag, please roll a d20, so that the moderator can determine the success of your roll. The code is:
- Please elect an OOC captain for your team. This person will be in charge of keeping discussion focused, and will have the tie breaker vote if the team can't decide between two strategies.
- If your team has an NPC player, the captain will be responsible for communicating the NPC's desired action to me via PM. The team, however, should discuss and agree upon the character's action tag.
- Each team will have their own locker room for strategic discussion. What happens in one locker room should be kept within that locker room; if you have access to multiple locker rooms, make sure that you are not sharing knowledge when strategizing.
- At the end of each round, I will make a moderator post summarizing successes and failures for the round and where the game stands.
For a list of known quidditch fouls, please see here
Feb 4 2017, 02:55 PM
To have a character archived (their account unplayable, claims forfeited and application archived) please post here with the name of the character to be archived.